[Fedora-packaging] DRAFT: SourceURL addition/clarification - Git Hosting Services

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sat Jun 27 04:46:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> Upstream might say: "oh, we fixed that and moved the tag", but then
> what does the fedora maintainer do? v1-2? What do people reporting bugs
> report against? How can you tell how long a security vulnerability has
> been out if it was in v1?

Got it.  Thanks much for taking the time to explain that.  I changed the
draft about
30 minutes ago to take out the references to re-tagging.  It was just
complicating
things.  My main goal was to add information on submodules, make it a bit
more
vendor neutral, and bring it up to date as far as Git was concerned.  The
Git Tag
section is now structured to make it easy to remove if required.