[Fedora-packaging] Packages without a dist tag

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 13:13:28 UTC 2015

> Dist tags should be added to everything except a very small set of
> exceptions.  Seems to be a good job for some provenpackagers.  I doubt
> it's worth filing bugs for these when it would just be quicker to fix
> them.  If I had time today I'd just do them all, but ugh, FPC work and
> my package reviews have to come first.
>
>  - J<

Based on this whole discussion (and on the packaging guidelines), I'm going to file bugs against all affected packages (I'm not a provenpackager myself). Thanks everyone for supplying helpful information.

> Sorry, yes. I meant that the macro would not be available at build
> -time. But as Ralf pointed out, I suppose we could hard-code the value
> rather than use %{?dist}, which makes sense.
>
> I'm not sure of any other specific rationale for not including the dist
> in the Release: field. CCing Dennis Gilmore to see if he knows the
> specifics.

I'm going to talk to Dennis about hardcoding that value in fedora-release if possible, or we're going to have an alternative logic about that particular package in libtaskotron.