[Fedora-packaging] %license for EPEL6

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:59:05 UTC 2015

I have a package that can be build on all Fedora branches and on EPEL
6 and 7 with the same spec file. It uses

  %{!?_pkgdocdir: %global _pkgdocdir %{_docdir}/%{name}-%{version}}

and copies all docs to this %_pkgdocdir. This works fine.

Now how should I handle licenses? On EPEL6, %license is not defined,
neither is %_licensedir.
One possibility is to use

  %{!?_licensedir:%global license %%doc}

but that would violate the (fresh) packaging guideline mandating usage
of either %_pkgdocdir or %doc, but not both in the same specfile.
Any other suggestions?

- Thomas