[Fedora-packaging] Proposal: Remove BuildRequires: exceptions from the guidelines

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu May 7 07:21:09 UTC 2015

Dne 6.5.2015 v 19:48 Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):

>> VO> # dnf repoquery --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rawhide --requires
>> rpm-build
>>
>> Those dependencies could change at any time.  I would like for them to
>> be able to change without the guidelines having to change with them.
>> Obviously any change would break some package somewhere, but at least it
>> would get one committee out of the process.
>
> As much as I welcome this effort, I think we need a detailed and fixed
> per-fedora-release package list, to be able to give packagers some
> helpful guidance.
>
> That said, why can't we have a link to the list being used by mock
> (The packages being listed in mock's "buildsys-build") inside the FPG?

What would be the point of link to comps when most of the dependencies
are defined by rpm-build package? Actually, the buildsys-build should
contain just rpm-build and nothing more (or it could be abandoned
entirely, since it would loose its purpose this way).

Moreover, if the buildsys-build contains components which are already
required by rpm-build, they should be cleaned up immediately. I am
speaking about bzip2, gzip, tar, xz, sed, patch, grep, gawk, findutils,
diffutils, cpio, bash, these are all duplicated.

Vít