[Fedora-packaging] Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Sep 10 17:39:54 UTC 2015

MM> That said, I do recognize that "provides high-quality packages" has
MM> also always been an underlying Fedora value even if unstated. But, I
MM> think that _that_ value should be in support of the Big Four, and in
MM> support of our mission in general, not a sacred beast for its own
MM> sake.

Well, for the FPC, high quality packaging is pretty much our only
mission.  I'm trying to avoid veering off into hyperbole here, but if we
can't be focused on our specific mission then that kind of complicates
our job.

But if FESCo or the board or whoever wants to say that we no longer
really care about bundling, then FPC will stop caring.  Right now we've
been told to care about bundling and so we developed all of this process
and rules to implement that directive.

 - J<