[Fedora-packaging] RFC mass bug reporting: checksec failures

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 16:24:02 UTC 2015

Including fedora-devel on this topic.

На 12.09.2015 в 08:48, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski написа:

>>> Question is how to deal with these because they appear to be in the hundreds ?
>>
>> How many, exactly? We have around 20000 SRPMs in the distribution.

 From today's Rawhide snapshot my script counted around 4500 offending packages.
You can find links to the script and execution log here:
http://atodorov.org/blog/2015/09/16/4000-bugs-in-fedora-checksec-failures/

Please let me know which packages need to genuinely be excluded and what should
we do with these packages ? Some will probably be fixed once they are rebuilt
but that may take a while.

Any package maintainers out there - please fix your packages in Rawhide so we
don't have to file bugs for all of them.

Thanks,
Alex