[Fedora-packaging] Pseudo top level domain in URL tag

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 07:07:19 UTC 2015

Dne 21.9.2015 v 02:24 Christopher Meng napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> Is it OK to use pseudo top level name like .i2p (eepsite) in URL or
> some other real top level name for packages? I didn't see guideline
> covering this.
>
> Thanks.

I would follow the SourceURL guidelines [1], which says:

"To help reviewers and QA scripts verify this, the packager needs to
indicate where a reviewer can find the source that was used to make the
rpm."

I've personally never heard about .i2p top level domain, so for me it
would be unacceptable, but may be I am not the target audience ...

Vít

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL