[Fedora-packaging] quick python packaging question -- /usr/bin/env?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Sep 24 15:17:14 UTC 2015

MM> Should python programs which use '#!/usr/bin/env python3' be patched
MM> to call python directly?

Absolutely.

MM> Is there a use case for packaged programs _not_ using the system
MM> python?

If they want to break?  I can stick whatever I like in ~/bin (and often
have).  That shouldn't change the functionality of system components.

I suppose this could be made clearer in the guidelines; It's kind of
implicit in the "Multiple Python Runtimes" section but should probably
be stated explicitly.

 - J<