Needed: Mission Statement

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 07:08:32 UTC 2005

We're about ready to announce this list on fedora-devel-list and
fedora-extras-list, but before we do we should write a mission
statement.  I personally intend on keeping list traffic low noise and
high relevancy by enforcing strict moderation.  Anything straying from
the mission statement will have a single warning, then second infraction
moderate bit set.

Some ideas for the mission statement:

* Agreement and documentation of perl packaging standards
* Cleanup and maintenance of Core and Extras perl packages
* Discussion of perl package development issues
* Progressive packaging of CPAN toward Extras

Anything we're missing?

This week we need to figure out ways of better keeping the team informed
about new bugs, triage and setting priorities, and tracking open issues.

I am thinking perhaps we should auto-CC all FC and FE perl* packages to
a fedora-perl-bugs at redhat.com list, and anybody that wants to follow all
perl reports subscribe to that list.  This is easier to maintain than
adding several people auto-CC to hundreds of packages in Bugzilla.  Then
we can set filters on that list so only the most important types of bug
mail are sent there in order to keep relevancy higher.

I realize this isn't ideal, so very interested to hear your ideas of how
we can better balance keeping informed with traffic volume.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com