CPAN -> fedora mapping update!

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 11:30:54 UTC 2008

CW> On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Robin Norwood <rnorwood at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
> Last I talked to Chris, Real Life and his Day Job were interfering
>> with his ability to develop this more.  He started a Fedora hosted
>> project to host the code that drives it:
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/camelus/

CW> They're still conspiring, unfortunately for me in a fashion that
CW> seems to be immune to RICO. :)

CW> I did manage to make some updates over the last couple days,
CW> including fixing what I apparently broke on Jan 5th, and generally
CW> making the process a touch more reliable...  It should be going in
CW> a much more regular fashion now.  When I say "reliable", I mean
CW> the versions currently associated with the ga / updates / testing
CW> tags in koji; I apparently need to put in a touch more effort to
CW> get the now-CPANPLUS backed upstream code working properly all the
CW> time.  (I'll probably just switch back to the former method until
CW> I get this working 100%.)

CW> I'll be pushing the updated code to the mercurial repo shortly.
CW> Most of what it uses in the way of CPAN modules are in Fedora at
CW> this point; I'll have to give the code a quick scan to make sure I
CW> note what is and what isn't in yet.  (DBIx::Class I know isn't,
CW> but is hopefully in the final stages of its review.)

CW> My recent efforts here aren't entirely selfless -- I've been
CW> meaning to try my hand at writing a Catalyst-based app from
CW> scratch for ages now, and writing one to replace the static pages
CW> sounds like a fun little project :) Erm.  Once the upstream query
CW> code works.  Again.  *sigh*

Chris,

Thanks for the update, it seems the script is chugging away checking
CPAN.  One small issue, it appears that the release columns are out
order, they are:

devel F-7 F-8

but they should be:

F-7 F-8 devel

I know this because on my page:

http://fedora.biggerontheinside.net/perl/alexlan.html

I updated the devel branch, but the F-7, F-8 branches are in testing.

Alex