A little reviewtool....

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Mon Jan 19 09:40:17 UTC 2009

Hey all --

I've been poking around the last couple weeks, working on a
replacement for my old "post-to-review" script.  It's called
"reviewtool", and handles the various submission steps nicely at the
moment.  Support to take/review packages is coming, but not yet there.

It is NOT a Review-Oh-Matic; it doesn't attempt to do anything
mystical, and uses the packager's own access to infrastructure tools
(koji, bugzilla, fedorapeople).  Rather than attempting anything too
tricky, the goal is to take the routine parts of a submission / review
and automate them as much as possible.  Even when the "take and
review" bits are working it's not going to do any more than the rote
stuff.

Most of the prereqs of the package are in Fedora already...  some,
like Fedora::Bugzilla, won't be ready to go for a while yet either.

There's a ton yet left to do (including, additional documentation...
heh).  If you want to give it a whirl, all the custom code and prereqs
are in a repo out at http://fedorapeople.org/~cweyl/reviewtool/.
There's also a little wiki page with some "ascii screen shots" up at:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReviewTool

Incidentally, this leverages Fedora::Bugzilla... another "let's go
learn Moose" project.  All this code is kept out in the camelus
mercurial repo (http://camelus.fedorahosted.org).  It's quite
functional, though there's a good bit more that could be implemented
(and I just haven't needed yet).

Any feedback is appreciated, especially as I work to polish it and get
the few remaining deps in. :-)

                               -Chris
--
Chris Weyl