perl-5.12.0 was released

Greer, George ggreer at gmti.gannett.com
Wed Apr 21 15:28:30 UTC 2010

I've managed to build a perl-5.12.0 RPM based on Marcela's spec file posted Monday, so I thought I'd contribute back what I found.

First, the perl5db test does fail based on trying to link against perl-5.10's readline but adding the attached patch fixed that problem.

Also, I undid her changes for IO-Compress-Base -> IO-Compress due to that then showing up as a missing dependency on installation.

When I tried to relocate via %_prefix and %_mandir (to get them in %_prefix/share/man rather than %_prefix/man) I had to add these two lines to the Configure call:
+               -Dman1dir="%{_mandir}/man1" \
+               -Dman3dir="%{_mandir}/man3" \
although that won't show up in the stock builds.

Curiously rpmbuild made all the packages noarch but that doesn't seem to affect it working so far.

--
George Greer