perl-5.12.0 was released

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 17:09:03 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 05:28 PM, Greer, George wrote:
> I've managed to build a perl-5.12.0 RPM based on Marcela's spec file posted Monday, so I thought I'd contribute back what I found.
>
> First, the perl5db test does fail based on trying to link against perl-5.10's readline but adding the attached patch fixed that problem.
>
> Also, I undid her changes for IO-Compress-Base ->  IO-Compress due to that then showing up as a missing dependency on installation.
>
> When I tried to relocate via %_prefix and %_mandir (to get them in %_prefix/share/man rather than %_prefix/man) I had to add these two lines to the Configure call:
> +               -Dman1dir="%{_mandir}/man1" \
> +               -Dman3dir="%{_mandir}/man3" \
> although that won't show up in the stock builds.
>
> Curiously rpmbuild made all the packages noarch but that doesn't seem to affect it working so far.
>
> --
> George Greer
>

> --
> Fedora Extras Perl SIG
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl
Hello,
thank you for your email. I wasn't able to reproduce any of these
problems on my testing
rawhide machine. The test passed all times. %_prefix could differ on
systems. Do you have default setting?
I have troubles with IO-Compress(-Base) because more modules were merged
into this
one.  So maybe simply adding some new Provides/Obsoletes/Requires into
sub-package
IO-Compress could help.
I found different mistakes in my specfile e.g. MODULE_COMPAT will be
only 5.12.0. Now it's in cvs, so it can be checked or fixed there.

Best regards,
Marcela