why is Padre dependent on Win32::API on Fedora ? [was Re: Broken dependencies: perl-Padre]

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:10:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

I saw these bug reports starting to flow in two days ago,
just in time to mention them during my talk on FOSDEM.

The problem seems to be that the rpm builder extracted the list of
dependencies of Padre from its source code. This did not notice that
Win32::API is use only when running on Windows and thus it was
included in the list of dependencies.

The right way would be to use the list of dependencies as supplied in
the META.yml file in the Padre tarbal.

Dave Cross blogged about this probably explaining in a much better way
than I did:
http://perlhacks.com/2010/02/building-rpms-from-cpan-distributions.php

regards
   Gabor