update of perl-Tk to development release

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Thu Feb 18 18:41:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 03:59 -0500, Marcela Maslanova wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if it's worth trying update to development release
> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/S/SR/SREZIC/Tk-804.028_502.tar.gz
> or if you prefer pick interesting patches? The thing is we have three
> years old version.
> Best regards,

Hi there,

you are correct the version in fedora is quite old. However, perl-Tk was
a slow moving target as long as I know about it. If we were to upgrade
to the beta it would only be for F-14 rawhide and only in case a release
date would be anticipated withing the F14 time-frame.

The only exception I can imagine right know is that the development
release fixes/improves upon something major which is broken atm...

Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Bierfert, M.Sc.       | http://awbsworld.de  | GPG: C58CF1CB