Weirdness in F-13/rawhide builds...

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Sat Jan 16 01:33:42 UTC 2010

Hello,

it is definitely intentional, part of the long-planned @INC cleanup.

> Checking out devel/perl.spec I see it defined this way as well;
> unversioned, and undifferentiated from core.

Yes, it is unversioned.  Modules built against perl-5.10.1 can be
supposed to work with 5.10.2,3,4,5,... as well, and it is not nice to
collect all these versined paths in @INC.

And yes vendorlib = privlib.  Both the core modules and vendor
modules are controled by rpm dependency mechanisms (mainly
perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.10.x) provide), and I do not see any point in
having these two trees separated.  And we save two elements in the
@INC path.

> Not to put too fine a point on it, is this intentional? :) It appears
> to be playing havoc with install_share / Module::Install::Share (hence
> the FTBFS), causing share files to be installed under /blib.

Let me suppose this is fixable in Module::Install ...
I hope I'll get to it eventually; but every bit of help is welcome,
of course.  ;-)

Have a nice day,
	Stepan