Multi-owned perl directories in perl package in F-13

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jul 7 15:06:21 UTC 2010

On 07/07/10 15:03, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 10:02 AM, Iain Arnell wrote:
>> The guidelines should probably be updated to clarify this.
>>

> I've started rewriting guidelines [1]. It should be ready for F-14. Every
> help is welcomed, especially from people having English as first
> language ;-)
>
> Updates are documented here [2].
>
> Marcela
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDraft:Perl
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Perl/updates

I don't understand point 3 on this page:

3. add Obsoletes: perl(Module::Build) <
version-of-perl-Module-Build-in-perl.spec Without this won't be package
updated because every core module requires perl-N-V-R.

As far as I know, yum only handles obsoletes on package names, not
virtual provides. Can you provide an example of the problem this is
intended to fix?

Paul.