Disabling HTML MIME parts on this mailing list

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 10:03:19 UTC 2010

Hello,

I consider to discard all HTML mail parts sent to this mailing list.

Current list setting postpones all mails from unsubscribed users. Because
significant part of spam (comparing to ham) contains HTML, proposed rule
should lower list owner load.

Because I didn't noticed that some subscribers send HTML only mails and
becuase sending HTML is against netiquette I think applying HTML ban is
acceptable for this community.

If I don't get any good-grounded objections, I will change list setting in
spirit of proposed rule.

-- Petr,
a co-owner of perl-devel at fedoraprojet.org mailing list.