Disabling HTML MIME parts on this mailing list

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 08:15:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:03:18PM +0200, Petr Pisar wrote:

> I consider to discard all HTML mail parts sent to this mailing list.
>
> Current list setting postpones all mails from unsubscribed users. Because
> significant part of spam (comparing to ham) contains HTML, proposed rule
> should lower list owner load.
>
> Because I didn't noticed that some subscribers send HTML only mails and
> becuase sending HTML is against netiquette I think applying HTML ban is
> acceptable for this community.
>
> If I don't get any good-grounded objections, I will change list setting in
> spirit of proposed rule.

Becuase I haven't noticed any protests, I switch HTML parts blocking on.

This message has been sent with two parts: This plain text and a HTML part.
Mailman should discard the HTML part, thus the redistributed mail should miss
it.

According Mailman documentation, pure HTML mail should be discarded
automatically.

-- Petr,
a co-owner of perl-devel at fedoraprojet.org mailing list.