Possible bug in perl-Gtk2 Gtk2::ToolButton in Fedora 13

Richard Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 21 15:21:36 UTC 2010

I'm hitting a puzzling problem in perl-Gtk2 in Fedora 13
(perl-Gtk2-1.203-4.fc13.i686) which I'm fairly sure was not
present in earlier versions.

The following script used to display a button with the text
"Next slide".  However in the version of perl-Gtk2 mentioned
above the text does not appear.  The button appears, but it
has a very narrow width and contains no text at all.  (The
version that used to work was probably Fedora 12, but I'm
not definite about that).

So does this look like a bug, or a bug in my program?

Rich.

-------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
use utf8;
use Gtk2 -init;
my $w = Gtk2::Window->new ();
my $bbox = Gtk2::Toolbar->new ();
my $bnext = Gtk2::ToolButton->new (undef, "Next slide");
$bbox->insert ($bnext, 0);
$w->add ($bbox);
$w->show_all ();
Gtk2->main;