Fedora::App::MaintainerTools 0.006

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Thu Mar 11 06:43:09 UTC 2010

Hey all --

I just wanted to post a quick little update; I've pushed
Fedora::App::MaintainerTools 0.006 to the CPAN.  While there's still a
significant amount to do before casual usage, I've been using this on
a day-to-day basis to update specs, and functionality has been coming
along nicely even if tests and documentation are sorely lacking.

Recent changes include:

0.006 Wed Mar 10 2010
- we can now build new specs/srpms recursively!  (And display them as a dep
  tree.)
- Initial changes required to enable fully-managed spec mode have been
  committed, along with a "helper" command to make breaking out the custom
  sections (to auto.ini) easier.

0.005 Mon Mar  8 2010
- Use '%{summary}.' as the default description
- "Suspect requires" are now filtered from the requires stream, and included
  as BR's if not already present.  (e.g. Test::More and the like).
- properly increment release when we're a revision
- We now have bits to invoke the RPM metadata filtering system.  This can be
  done on an override basis (e.g. in auto.ini) as well as by examining the
  "no_index" parts in META.yml.
- We now log actual version++'s in the %changelog when updating to a new GA.
- We now try to get %docfile right.
- We always check to ensure EU::MM is BR'ed.

Recursive srpm/spec file generation is now in place, with a little dep
tree to help out; e.g.,

perl-Plack
|- perl-Filesys-Notify-Simple
|  `- perl-Test-SharedFork
|- perl-Hash-MultiValue
|- perl-Test-Requires
`- perl-Test-TCP

As always, it can be found out at:

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Fedora-App-MaintainerTools/
   git://github.com/RsrchBoy/fedora-app-maintainertools.git

                         -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia