Fedora::App::MaintainerTools 0.006

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Fri Mar 12 06:09:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> funny I just bumped into your module while searching for a module
> that would abstract out the information from META.yml.
>
> Would you suggest to use the CPAN::MetaMuncher in your package
> or something else? In the former case would it be possible to
> put it in its own CPAN package?

CPAN::MetaMuncher came out of my own search for a package like that :)
 All the ones out there right now are essentially just YAML parsers at
some level or another; and there are a lot of changes being talked
about for META.yml, so it seemed to make sense to have something to
help abstract away any differences.

I've only had cause to use it in MaintainerTools, so it's pretty
limited (and hence that's where it lives right now :)). Unless there's
something better out there we're missing, I'm certainly willing to
break it out into its own package and flesh it out.

                                         -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia