Filtering excessive requires

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:30:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Adam Huffman <adam.huffman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build perl-Bio-SamTools for EPEL5.  As part of this, I
> need an EPEL build of perl-bioperl and its associated dependencies.
>
> One problem I've run into is that the Fedora .spec for perl-SOAP-Lite
> uses the filtering macros available in >F11 to remove some unwanted
> Requires entries, generated by the automatic dependency scanning.
>
> Is there an approved way of recreating that functionality for EPEL5?
>
> The methods suggested on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl
> haven't worked so far.

Those methods need a little tweaking for perl packages - you need the
CPAN dist name instead of the first %{name} in
"%{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/%{name}-prov"

Something like:

# Filter provides/requires
cat << \EOF > %{name}-prov
#!/bin/sh
%{__perl_provides} $* |\
sed -e '/perl(Bad::Provide)/d'
EOF
%global __perl_provides %{_builddir}/SOAP-Lite-%{version}/%{name}-prov
chmod +x %{__perl_provides}

cat << \EOF > %{name}-req
#!/bin/sh
%{__perl_requires} $* |\
sed -e '/perl(Dont::Need::This)/d'
EOF
%global __perl_requires %{_builddir}/SOAP-Lite-%{version}/%{name}-req
chmod +x %{__perl_requires}

--
Iain.