Duplicate perl packages - perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 07:58:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 07:30:34PM +0200, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> Core modules are now updated more often, so we might not
> need dual life process.

Not in general. E.g. I'm splitting Locale::* now because those modules
contain locale definition data which will be updated 4-times a year in
contrast to perl that is released once a year.

We need dual-lived packages unless upstream delivers modules completly
asynchronously (i.e. no bundling into perl tar ball). And becuase this never
happens, I'm against ceasing dual-lived update approach.

-- Petr