Duplicate perl packages - perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:18:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 09:46:47AM +0200, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>> I suppose we can leave it as it is, but we should remove sub-packages
>> from perl if they are dual lifed. This would fix problem with debuginfo.
>> Perl package has only one debuginfo package for everything and dual life
>> debuginfo packages conflict with files from perl-debuginfo.
>>
> Exactly. Before RPM/gdb maintainers implement per-subpackage debuginfos (if
> at all), moving dule-lived packages back from core to vendor directory will
> solve debuginfo files conflicts.

Indeed. I'd forgotten that we're installing some of the dual-lifed
modules to archlib. Installing perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 debuginfo is
okay (it's installed to vendorarch), but perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib
debuginfo conflicts with perl. I agree that we should stick to using
separate vendorarch for modules from the CPAN.

--
Iain.