cpanspec - proposal of default behaviour

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Fri Jan 28 16:55:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 05:20:55PM +0100, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> I'd like to propose a change in default behaviour of cpanspec. There
> shouldn't be defined buildroot, called rm -rf in build phase, etc. These
> changes are optional, the old behaviour can be triggered with --epel
> option. [1]

There's already a --old option.  Wouldn't it make more sense to expand
that, or maybe make it cumulative?  (-o to get recent behavior, -oo to
get "%check || :" and other cruft like that?)

> I'd like to see this change soon at least in rawhide, because I have to
> manually fix it in all my reviews. If you don't have time for this, I
> could attach it as a patch in Fedora's cpanspec. Just let me know, what
> do you prefer.

I've been working for a while now on a new version that looks for build
dependencies in tests.  If you wouldn't mind testing that out, I'd be
happy to make the change there...

The source is on github:  http://github.com/silug/cpanspec