Sys::Guestfs build failure (was: Re: [libguestfs] Perl mass rebuild)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jun 19 14:39:49 UTC 2011

> Not a CODE reference at /usr/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 213.
> END failed--call queue aborted at ../perl/blib/lib/Sys/Guestfs.pm line 213.
> Compilation failed in require at ./test-launch-race.pl line 26.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./test-launch-race.pl line 26.
> FAIL: test-launch-race.pl
>
> [...]
>
> Not a CODE reference at /usr/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 213.
> END failed--call queue aborted at ../perl/blib/lib/Sys/Guestfs.pm line 213.
> Compilation failed in require at ./test-lvm-mapping.pl line 23.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./test-lvm-mapping.pl line 23.
> FAIL: test-lvm-mapping.pl

It turned out that I could *not* reproduce this problem on Rawhide
just by installing the perl-5.14.0-169.fc16.x86_64 package (plus the
other binary RPMs that are directly part of perl-5.14.0-169).

Sys::Guestfs does not depend on any other Perl libraries, except
things like ExtUtils::MakeMaker that are used in the build process and
libraries like Dynaloader which are part of core Perl.

However I'd still like to follow this up.  Is there any way to install
the other Perl 5.14 libraries that you're building?  It seems like
they are not in regular Rawhide ...  Maybe in a special tag?

Rich.