News from rebuild

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 12:53:48 UTC 2011

Hello list,
you might wonder why rebuild take so long. I'm using for rebuild
Fedora::Rebuild module, which is still under development. List of
packages for rebuild is based on requirements of each package. Also it
should be possible to build more packages in parallel.
There were some flaws, but I had major problems with our
infrastructure. I run into limitation of git and koji. I'm not sure
whether this is simply not possible or it's only setting of  infrastructure.
You can run into these bugs of mock in koji:
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4791 -> missing requirements
doesn't stop build
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4786 -> current mock doesn't
work with tty tests, so I had to switch them off. I'll revert it after
update of mock in koji.

At the moment 1061 packages are done. So ~700 to go.

Another thing are filters. I suppose it isn't in Guidelines yet, but old
filters doesn't work, because they do not have support in rpm. You can
use something like this before prep section in your specfile.
%{?perl_default_filter}
%global __provides_exclude
%{?__provides_exclude}|perl\\(XML::SAX::PurePerl\\)
%global __requires_exclude
%{?__requires_exclude}|perl\\(XML::SAX::PurePerl::DTDDecls\\)

I believe next automatic rebuild will be faster, so please be patient.

Regards,
Marcela