bootstrap macro

Marcela Maslanova mmaslano at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 17:28:58 UTC 2011

Hello list,
you might notice that rebuild stopped for a while. I run out of packages, which had "normal" dependencies. Now I have a list of cyclic dependencies, which are dependent back and forth.
Because we'll be doing mass rebuild every year, I'd like to use bootstrap macro, which could help us little.
You can see example in perl-HTTP-Lite. There were dependencies for test suite like Test::Pod.

The macro perl_bootstrap is actually set to 1. After rebuild will be done, it will be switched to 0. So, now are marked buildrequires or test suites switched off. I'd like to use it at least in packages, which caused major problems. Please note that it doesn't broke your specfiles in EPEL.

Example:
BuildArch:      noarch
BuildRequires:  perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker)
%if !%{defined perl_bootstrap}
BuildRequires:  perl(Test::CPAN::Meta)
BuildRequires:  perl(Test::MinimumVersion)
BuildRequires:  perl(Test::Pod)
%endif
Requires:       perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_%(eval "`%{__perl} -V:version`"; echo $version))

%{?perl_default_filter}
%check
# most real tests require network access - ignore "skipping test on this
# platform" messages
%if !%{defined perl_bootstrap}
RELEASE_TESTING=1 make test
%endif

If you like imagine how bad it is, see: http://ppisar.fedorapeople.org/perl_rebuild/5.14/notbuilt.svg ;-)
It doesn't contain current data, but it shows the most problematic places.

Best regards,
Marcela