Broken dependencies: perl-Class-InsideOut

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 27 15:25:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 07/27/2012 03:07 PM, buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:

> perl-Class-InsideOut has broken dependencies in the rawhide tree:
> On x86_64:
> 	perl-Class-InsideOut-1.10-6.fc17.noarch requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.14.2)
> On i386:
> 	perl-Class-InsideOut-1.10-6.fc17.noarch requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.14.2)
> Please resolve this as soon as possible.

Does anybody know any reason why this perl module can't be
retired/removed/abandoned for F18/rawhide?

It
* FTBFS on rawhide rsp. with perl-5.16, with the presumable cause likely
being https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=77860,
to which no solutions seems to be known.

* hasn't seen any upstream activities since 25 Aug 2009

* doesn't seem to be used in Fedora (At least, I could not find any
package using it), and isn't present in EPEL.

I for one, only inherited it as part of cweyl having vanished and had
performed "keep-alive" maintenance, but am not particularily interested
in this module, so I'd rather would prefer Fedora to drop this module.

Ralf