[perl-CPAN-Meta-YAML] Clean up bootstrapping and RHEL conditionals

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 7 10:50:10 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 11:41 AM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 12:25 PM, Paul Howarth wrote:
>> -%if !%{defined perl_bootstrap}
>> -# Version 1.113620 needed for "UTF"; RHEL-7 package cannot have
>> buildreq from EPEL-7
>> +# Don't run extra tests when bootstrapping as many of those
>> +# tests' dependencies build-require this package
>> +%if 0%{!?perl_bootstrap:1}
>> +# RHEL-7 package cannot have buildreqs from EPEL-7 (aspell-en,
>> Pod::Wordlist::hanekomu),
>> +# so skip the spell check there
>> %if 0%{?rhel}< 7
>
> Nicely done :)
>
> The problem with aspell is that since RHEL-6 is preferred hunspell over
> aspell.

I know; I had similar problems building packages for EPEL-6 as a result
of no aspell dictionaries being shipped with RHEL-6:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/590700

 > I'll apply all those macros in all problematic packages.

Some packages don't need BR: perl(Test::Spelling) if the other
spell-check dependencies are unavailable, but some (e.g.
perl-Class-Load) fail the test if that's not available, so unfortunately
the same approach doesn't work everywhere.

Paul.