Building perl-Audio-Ao for Fedora

agraham agraham at g-b.net
Thu May 31 15:25:36 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

Thanks for looking at this issue, it has now been resolved with the help
if the guys at irc perl-SDL. The problem was a few bugs in the inline c
code in which the memory being used was not cleared first.

I'm currently trying to contact the original author with a patch, but
given it's not been maintained for 10 years I don't hold out much hope
for that, and will probably fork it.

I would be interested in getting this into an upcoming Fedora release,
as there is currently no way to access the libao library from Perl.

As of at lease F17 this plays nice with PulseAudio too.

How can this be achieved - i.e. least amount of pain :)

Thanks

Albert.