[perl-Pod-Parser] 1.60 bump

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 09:59:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:45:10AM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 08/02/13 08:19, Petr Pisar wrote:
> >On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 04:11:08PM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> >One could split scripts from libraries which would help at least with
> >Pod::Usage, but I believe it would not fix all issues. Therefore I'm not
> >going to deal with breaking cycles in these packages. (Bootstrap on next
> >rebuild will enable dual-lived perl sub-packages, then it will rebuild
> >standalone dual-lived packages, and then it will disable dual-lived
> >sub-packages again. Therefore I guard the sub-packages with perl_bootstrap.)
>
> Only problem I can see is what if a dual-lived package is already at
> a higher version than the one that is bundled with the new perl? The
> dual-lived package built for the old perl will then be wanted in the
> buildroot when it comes to building the new packages but it'll have
> broken dependencies because the old perl (and its MODULE_COMPAT) is
> no longer available.

Fortunatelly when new perl is released, core modules are almost the same in
perl as well as on CPAN. Including dependenices. Thus it should not be
problem to rebuild all dual-lived packages. The small dual-living remainder
could be dealt with precious ordering and manual checking. (Like
perl-threads.) This way you can get dependecny closure on core modules and
then other packages are standard procedure handled by my Fedora-Rebuild tool.
At least this way it worked last time.

-- Petr