EPEL: perl-Class-MethodMaker licensing issue

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Feb 13 07:27:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Upstream Class-MethodMaker has identified a (minor) licensing issue with
code in its testsuite:
https://github.com/renormalist/class-methodmaker/issues/2

This licensing issue was fixed upstream in Class-MethodMaker-2.20 (They
removed the offending files), which I am currently about to import into
Fedora.

However, the versions of perl-Class-MethodMaker in EPEL are orphaned (I
do not maintain the versions in EPEL) and severely out-dated, but also
suffer from this issue.

I have no idea what to do about it. Filing a BZ against the package will
likely end up being assigned to me, which obviously isn't helpful.

Ralf