Orphaning iarnell's packages

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 11:29:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 10:03:59AM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 05/11/14 12:41, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> >
> >Hi.
> >
> >Does one of you know when Ian Arnell's packages are going to be
> >orphaned (this is Fesco ticket #1360)?
> >
> >The Perl SIG has been warned that this is coming and a number of us have
> >already decided what packages we're going to pick up. So the sooner this
> >happens, the sooner we can start updating.
>
> Maybe the same should happen for steve's (Steve Pritchard) packages? He's
> been mostly away for longer than Iain and he has a lot of packages.
>
> Paul.

I agree.

Kevin and I tried contacting Steve in the past, multiple times,
about the unresponsive maintainer ticket [0].  I even sent
him pkgdb-cli scripts for transfering his perl packages to me.
While he was keen to do that, he, despite multiple reminders,
never actually did much about this.

I'll ping him again; however, I doubt it will move forward...

Petr

[0] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1233