perl-MCE for fedora/redhat/centos/scientific

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Nov 11 10:31:32 UTC 2014

Hi Mario,

On 07/11/14 17:40, Mario Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Perl-MCE is completed and is available for Debian and OpenSuSE Linux. It
> would be great if folks could run yum install perl-MCE.
>
> Perl-MCE is a many-core engine:
> https://code.google.com/p/many-core-engine-perl/
>
> This spec file has been working for me:
> https://code.google.com/p/many-core-engine-perl/source/browse/trunk/perl-MCE.spec
>
> The MCE Models make using MCE fairly easy:
> https://metacpan.org/pod/MCE#MCE-MODELS
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction for getting a perl-MCE rpm made?

If you would like to maintain this package in Fedora yourself, see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

The spec file will need some slight changes for Fedora, e.g. "License"
should be "GPL+ or Artistic".

If you're not interested in supporting EL-5, some legacy spec file
elements can be dropped to simplify things, e.g. BuildRoot.

If you're not interested in becoming a Fedora packager yourself, the
module will probably get packaged by someone else as and when it becomes
a dependency of something they're using, which might be soon or it might
be never.

Cheers, Paul.