Tangerine 0.15

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 16:25:57 UTC 2015

I've just pushed new Tangerine, v0.15, to CPAN.  Updates should
land in Fedora and EPEL in the coming weeks.

There are quite a few things about this release I'd like to
point out:

 - The utility lives in its own distribution now and will have
   to be installed separately.
   I'll submit it for package review soon.

 - The module now requires fewer dependencies as I abandoned
   Mo in favour of perl's native object system.

 - I adopted the common terminology and renamed the main methods,
   hook types and modes.  `provides' is now called `package',
   `use' is `compile' and `require' is `runtime'.  The old names
   are still available for backwards compatibility.

 - The utility output is slightly different now, reflecting on the
   abovementioned change.

 - Parallel scanning is supported and it's on by default,
   automagically spawning just the right number of workers.
   This can be adjusted with the -j option.

 - You can now generate metadata diffs, comparing directories or
   tarballs.  Thanks to Paul for this suggestion -- it's really
   quite handy when doing package updates.

 - Fixed some nasty bugs in module name and version filters.

 - It's all much cleaner and faster now :)

Cheers,
Petr