Making perl-sig a watcher on all perl packages

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel at seyman.fr
Mon Feb 2 11:02:09 UTC 2015

* Petr Ĺ abata [02/02/2015 10:55] :

> Why just Fedora?

When I was looking for perl modules not watched by the Perl SIG, I was focusing
on the master branch and not so much on the stable branches. While he was
handling the ticket, pingou asked whether I wanted him to do the adding for F20
and F21 and I said yes. I would have been happy just with the master branch.

>                   Shouldn't perl-sig watch EPEL as well?

I'm not sure (and my gut instinct is to say 'no'). Perl in EPEL has been broken
for years now (perl-Authen-Simple has had missing deps) and nobody really seems
to be interested in fixing it so adding perlsig as a watcher seems beside the
point.

I'ld rather see a EPEL Perl SIG created consisting of people who actually care
about the state of the EPEL modules.

Emmanuel