[Fedora-php-devel-list] PHP and Arch Specific Requires

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Feb 17 17:31:36 UTC 2011

Le 17/02/2011 13:09, Joe Orton a écrit :

> We could just make the mmn include the arch for httpd, to avoid changing
> all mod_* packages, as far as I can tell.
>
> httpd
>  Provides: httpd-mmn = 20051115-x86-64, httpd-mmn = 20051115

Sounds really good for me.

>  /usr/include/httpd/.mmn contains 20051115-x86-64
>
> so all future mod_* package rebuilds pick up the arch-specific mmn
> without change, and httpd is backwards-compat with old packages.

Yes :)
And of course, old provides can be removed when value change from 20051115

I have make first changes / tests on php package (only a test package of
php 5.3.6RC1 on my repository)

This imply quite a lot of (but simple) changes :
https://github.com/remicollet/remirepo/commit/79885a3e6bad3fa13c81e5cde9c536ec5de8c501#diff-9

With the same solution,

# rpm -q --provides  php-common php-pdo | grep -i abi
php-zend-abi = 20090626
php(zend-abi) = 20090626
php-zend-abi = 20090626-x86-64
php(zend-abi) = 20090626-x86-64
php-pdo-abi = 20080721
php-pdo-abi = 20080721-x86-64

I will do some more tests before pushing this to rawhide
(and probably with 5.3.6 which should be available soon)

Only 1 minor issue detected for now, the test (used by pecl ext.)
	%if %{?php_zend_api}0

Must be changed to
	%if 0%{?php_zend_api:1}

Trivial to fix .