Newbie alert!

leam at reuel.net leam at reuel.net
Sat Apr 2 14:45:17 UTC 2005

I'm in a spot and could use your help.

This Thursday I'll have a chance to demo a website package to a client. The demo I plan is Apache/MySQL/PHP based and will just be a dummy site run on a laptop.

Today, Saturday, I have no laptop. :P

My options seem to be:
	1. Try to get the software working on my wifes Mac OS X machine.
	2. Get an X86 based laptop from Compusa (Comapq/HP/Sony) and put Red Hat on it.
	3. Blow off the Demo.
	4. Get a Mac and try to get Fedora PPC to run on it.

1. Has been holding me up for a week. I'm not a programmer by trade and this is a side job so most of my time goes to my day job.
2. Lesser hardware quality for a premium price, or so it seems.
3. Would rather make a sale, it seems to help business.  :)
4. And here I am seeking knowledge...

Can I run Fedora PPC on a Mac laptop? http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html says yes, but with some caveats. My needs are:

	GUI (Gnome or KDE)
	Web broswer
	MySQL, recent stable
	PHP, 4.3.x
	Apache 1.3.x
	C compiler since the above may need some re-configuring.
	10/100 wired
	wireless
	Modem

The last two don't need to be done by Thursday, but would be nice. Does Fedora PPC support the list mostly out of the box? If not, what tweaks need to be made?

Your wisdom is much desired...

ciao!

leam