Dual display and compaible USB wireless iBook G4

Andres Garcia dres at mediaguide.com
Wed Apr 13 19:44:38 UTC 2005

Hi everyone, I am running both FC3 and FC4T1 on my iBook 800 Mhz G4.
I've been using fedora for a while and I have been mucking with fedora
on PPC for a few months and posting on the ppc forums at
fedoraforum.org. I consider myself fairly well versed as i have solved
every other problem i've come up with (except the damn skin not showing
up in mplayer from the FC3 rpm i used). I am trying to set the ibook up
to use the vga out and to have wireless from a wireless adapter (since
the airport extreme is not uspported).

Does any one know any good, pref. cheap wireless usb adapters that are
compatible with fedora on PPC, I don't know much about usb wireless
adapters and I didn't see a list ? pref. one of the thumbdrive sized
ones or a smaller one with a little cable going to it. Can I basically
use any adapter that works on fedora x86?

Also. I am trying to get it set up to mirror the display to the video
out so I can hook it up to the KVM on my desk (which works, i can see
video on the display that looks like its from open firmware. . .
something about initializing fake display and "calling quiesce").
However I can't get xorg to seem to use the monitor, i have set up my
xorg.conf using system-config-display for dual monitor using the radeon
9200. everything looks good, and fairly similar to my x86 box, is this
just not supported on PPC. . . or this peice of hardware yet?

Thanks ahead for any input,
Andres Garcia

Here is (most of) my xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Multihead layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
        Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        Option      "Xinerama" "off"
        Option      "Clone" "on"
EndSection

. . . keyboard and mouse notes /initializations

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "LCD Panel 1024x768"