FC4 Test 2 Issues

Justin Kelly linuxppc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 23:31:42 UTC 2005

Hi Paul

re sound: on my Powermac G4 400 to enable sound i added the following
to /etc/modprobe.conf
___________________________

add the following content:
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116* snd
alias snd-card-0 snd_powermac

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14* soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

install snd-card-0 /sbin/modprobe ~@~Signore-install snd-card-0 && {
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :; }
remove snd-card-0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || :; };
/sbin/modprobe -r ~@~Signore-remove
install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe ~@~Signore-install sound-slot-0 &&
{ /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 22>&1 || :; }
remove sound-slot-0 { /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>>/dev/null 2>&1 || :; }; /sbin/modprobe -r ~@~Signore-remove
~

as mentioned here http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=47432

and sound now works great

anyone had any luck getting modems to work on PowerMacs (specifically G4 400)?

cheers

Justin Kelly