Modem - G4 Powermac - issues

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Fri Apr 22 01:05:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:16 +1000, Justin Kelly wrote:

> Does Fedora PPC have support for PowerPC modems at the moment?

Maybe

> When i attempt to use the Internet Wizard or wvdial I get errors '-->
> Cannot open /dev/ttyS0: Input/output error' (see wvdial log below)
>
> also Kudzu doesnt pick up any modems (See kudzu log below)

Its the internal modme that you're referring to, right?

class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21154"
vendorId: 1011
deviceId: 0026
subVendorId: 0000
subDeviceId: 0000
pciType: 1
pcidom:    1
pcibus: 10
pcidev:  d
pcifn:  0

What Mac does this come from?

> Bit of a spastic question but do PowerMacs use HCF modems, if so is
> just using the Linuxant drivers the easiest solution?

Doubtful, but give the linuxant free tool for checking a try
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi