Accessing OSX volume through FC4

Christian Walther cwalther at gmx.ch
Thu Apr 28 12:50:59 UTC 2005

P Cieslar wrote:

> I am dual booting panther and FC4 test 2, but am unable to access any
> files under the panther install.  I have tried the mount command, I
> have also tried using hfsutils.

Your Mac OS X partition is HFS+, not HFS. What you're seeing with
hfsutils is just the HFS wrapper that's there for backwards
compatibility - that's what the ReadMe file there explains.

You can either access the partition with hfsplusutils (hpmount, hpcd,
hpls etc.) or mount it as HFS+. I have the following in my /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda11		/mnt/macos		hfsplus	ro		0 0

  -Christian