yum vs ppc64

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 03:49:41 UTC 2005

I did an install on a G5 from the rawhide "ppc" distribution, which was fine.
(I hit the kernel-smp problem but got around that.)

However, now when I try "yum upgrade", it goes around looking for ppc64
repositories and trying to replace everything with the ppc64 packages.  I
assume that this is not what I really want.  I would expect yum to upgrade
to the latest flavor of the same stuff I got from doing the install.

What do other people with ppc64 machines do to update?

Thanks,
Roland