Additional explanations about The partition's date region doesn't...

Vince mailing at vincen.org
Mon Aug 1 13:56:53 UTC 2005

         Hi,
     I have read archives of list but I must say I'm pretty confused
with what I need to do regarding the message: The partition's data
region doesn't occupy the entire partition. Let me explain my
configuration. I own a Powerbook 17" 1Ghz first generation. I
partitionned drive with Disk Utility of Tiger to get two partitions,
first one I installed Tiger on it, and second one free. Once finished
installation I restart with Fedora Core 4 boot CD and I start
Installation and as soon as Keyboard setup I get the error as
indicated above. If I switch to console mode, when I try fdisk /dev/
hda it complains that drive doesn't have a correct label !!
     So what do I need to do exactly to get it working and be able to
install ?
         Thanks in advance for your clear explanations.

Vincèn