Trackpad not detected in Powerbook G4

Frank Arnold frank at scirocco-5v-turbo.de
Thu Aug 4 07:33:37 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 12:09 -0400, Mohamed Parvez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >        I tried to install FC4 on my new PowerBook G4. The track pad in
> > not detected at all.
> >        I have tried everything but still it was not detected during
> > installation nor after installation.
>
> A bit late but what is the output of:
>
> cat /proc/bus/input/devices
>
> Paul

If this is a recent Powerbook it's a USB touchpad. A driver for this
device is available through kernel 2.6.13-rc3-mm1 and higher -mm
versions (drivers/usb/input/appletouch).

At the moment it's easier to build the kernel module by yourself:
http://popies.net/atp/index.html

For extended functionality synaptics xorg driver is needed. So it would
be nice to have an official synaptics package for ppc. Builds at least
with a modified spec (ppc added to archs).
But iirc is Paul the right person to ask... :)

I still run my own driver without synaptics and haven't tested Stelians
latest version. Will try it soon.

Frank