insstall problems... lose keybd/mouse!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 18 06:57:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 23:25 -0700, Erick Calder wrote:
> hei everyone!  I got my brand-spanking new MacMini a few days ago and, after
> some hurdles, I've managed to run through the install of Fedora Core IV.
> After installation I reboot and get to a "Welcome" screen... "There are a
> few more steps to take before your system is ready to use [...]"
>
> at this point I seem to lose the keyboard and mouse which worked fine during
> boot time.  Incidentally, both are Bluetooth, both bought from Apple.
>
> so I can't get past this point to actually use Fedora.  help?!

Hm. The installer really ought to be noticing your Bluetooth HID devices
and making sure that hidd runs to talk to them.

It's fine before we take over the Bluetooth hardware, because it
emulates a USB keyboard/mouse until then. But as soon as we start doing
Bluetooth properly, we also need to run hidd.

Let it do an interactive startup, and don't let it start the bluetooth
stuff. Then make sure hidd runs -- '/sbin/chkconfig hidd on'.

Playing with this is probably easier if you have an alternative USB
keyboard :)

--
dwmw2