TEST: Sleep patch #7

Wade Mealing wmealing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:20:35 UTC 2005

> Oddly enough,
>
> It all seems to go well for me, seems to to to sleep, the only thing
> is, the backlight doesnt seem to come back on in suspend.

Confirmed, it happened again.  Can see a very feint outline of icons
on the desktop after a restore.  The Brightness is turned all the way
up. This is the third time I have tried to reproduce it, all times the
backlight has failed to turn back on.

This does not happen with patch #6

I am running an Ibook G4 1ghz
Fedora Core Rawhide ( as of today )
and Dwmw2's  kernel from his repository.

[wmealing at liquid ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 533MHz
revision        : 1.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
bogomips        : 530.43
machine         : PowerBook6,5
motherboard     : PowerBook6,5 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 1280MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

If you want any more information, I'm usually on #fedora-ppc on freenode