Testing Fedora Core 4 test, won't install

Aaron Reimann aaron.reimann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 05:47:47 UTC 2005

I have finally have a bootable CDROM using the boot.iso for my 12"
Powerboook, g4, 1.33ghz....

Fedora starts the install (just by hitting enter on the "boot
screen").  I select my language, location, source (ftp), and it
connects and downloads a "Fedora/base/netstg2.img" file.  It tries to
start X and I get this message:

-----
Running anaconda, the Fedora Core system installer - please wait...
Probing for video card: NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)
Probing for monitor type: Unknown monitor
Probing for mouse type: Generic - 3 Button Mouse (PS/2)
Attempting to start frame buffer X server
Waiting for X server to start...log located in /tmp/X.log
1...2...3...4...5.... X server started successfully.
mini-wm: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :1.0.
-----

So I checked out (doing a fn-alt-2 or something) /tmp/X.log.  The line
that looks bad is:
-----
(++) Using config file: "/tmp/XConfig.test"
(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "record" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
error opening security policy file /etc/X11/xserve/SecurityPolicy
Count not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
   *** If unresolved symbolys were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the server aborting.
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
-----

So I reboot and try again using the "linux text" option.  I get to the
same point and I get this error message:

-----
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 28, in ?
     import sys, os
ImportError: no module named os
install exited abnormally
sending termation signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...
unmounting filesytmes
	/mnt/runtime
	disabling /dev/loop0
	/proc
	/etc...
	etc...
	etc...
you may safely reboot your system
-----

I have tried connecting to different mirrors.  Any ideas?

thanks
aaron